The market leading supplier of communications management software that supports professionals in PR, public affairs, marketing and general stakeholder management. They’ve developed a cutting-edge SaaS platform, incorporating AI that is constantly being developed to keep them ahead of the game.
- Work with some of the worlds biggest brands
- Fast growing business with a current team of 105 people
- Recently acquired another SaaS tech business for 5 million
- Offices based near Liverpool Street
The role of an Account Manager is vital to maximising and developing their client portfolio. This role allows the post holder to develop their skills in account management and account development, in line with the company’s expectations.
Account Managers work with mid value accounts with a range of product specifications, from basic Database subscriptions to more complex bespoke packages. This broad variety of clients is by design, aiming to provide the Account Manager with the opportunity to develop a strong understanding of client requirements, thus developing trusted advisor status.
You will understand each of your client’s strategic and operational goals and objectives. You will advise clients on why they should be expanding their relationship with them and how further integration across their range of products can help them achieve their strategic communications objectives.
Your understanding of the mechanics of each organisation will require you to engage and inspire internal stakeholders at all levels and you will be creative in driving people to action; this will be vital to successfully closing deals to meet revenue targets.
The role carries a pure retention target and an upsell target.
- Be responsible for renewing existing client subscriptions on multi-year contracts as early as possible and growing the revenue at the earliest opportunity.
- Take control and ownership of your territory to strategically map and target these organisations (e.g. Using client case studies, renewal data, Salesforce info, industry news/current affairs, targeted marketing campaigns etc).
- Rigorously record account and opportunity data in Salesforce for successful opportunity mapping to ensure consistency across the business and transparency in measuring KPIs and targets.
- Build relationships at all levels and be focused on delivering value throughout the life cycle of the customer journey.
- Effectively manage each client’s usage of their current system, ensure they derive maximum value from their subscription and use your product knowledge to determine the most natural upsell opportunities based on their usage.
- Be creative in finding ways around sales barriers and converting opponents into champions.
- Use market knowledge to strategically position against competitors to become the only viable option.
- Maintain and develop client relationships through proactive and regular contact.
- Demonstrate collective responsibility - working with other members of Account Management to ensure client satisfaction.
- Build market knowledge through regular training, personal research and client questioning.
- Respond to formal tenders and drive successful contract negotiations.
- Effectively use Salesforce in accordance with their business process to manage tasks, events and opportunities.
- Build a marker reputation, seeking referrals and testimonials from clients.
- A self-starter; who is motivated and driven to succeed. Take ownership to do what it takes to hit targets.
- Strong track record of executing against key performance indicators.
- Extremely organised and efficient, able to manage a range of responsibilities, tasks and projects simultaneously whilst ensuring that work is prioritised accordingly; with a primary focus on retention and associated revenue generation.
- Excellent communication skills both with customers and internal stakeholders.
- A thirst for knowledge, a desire to take ownership to understand all aspects of our product (including new features as they are developed) and also our competitors; thus strengthening our ability to position themselves against a client’s incumbents or internal processes.
- Utilise knowledge and experience to become a domain expert. Obtain valuable insights to help drive the business forward and to strengthen their position as the only contender within the Communications SaaS space.
- 22 days - earn another day after each year
- Bupa health insurance
- Gym flex
- Dental plan
- Childcare vouchers