Business Development Manager
One of the leading independent economic research companies in the world, backed by private equity. They provide country and regional research services covering the global economy and financial markets, as well as dedicated services on commodities and the property sector. The majority of their clients are in the financial services sector, including some of the world’s largest investment banks and wealth managers, as well as smaller and more specialist firms.
- London HQ, with further offices in Toronto, New York, Singapore and Sydney
- Gained a strong reputation for insightful analysis
- Built up a diverse client base of approximately 1,400 global institutions
- Over half (£11.8m) of the company’s subscription sales have come from the EMEA
- They enjoy high renewal rates (c. 84% by value)
- 95% of sales are for subscriptions to our publication services, paid for up front
- Total sales last year were c. 23 million
They’re in the process of expanding the sales team and are looking for enthusiastic and talented sales people. You’ll be:
- Working as part of a new business team of 12-14 people
- Undertaking a full 360 sales cycle - target/lead origination to negotiation to close
- Liaising with potential clients business managers, procurement and finance teams on contracts within investment banks, private equity houses and hedge funds
- Mapping out your own territory, building and maintaining a strong pipeline
- Articulating a thorough understanding of the company’s offering
- Managing and engaging with potential partners, to meet and exceed all targets for sales and lead generation
- Coordinating all sales opportunities via our Sales CRM software
- In your second/third sales role, with 2+ years experience in a similar role
- Keen to build a career in a fast-paced sales environment
- A proven sales track record closing new business, completing the full 360 cycle, including office-based sales
- Experience in business intelligence sales or a good understanding of the financial and banking sectors is advantageous
- Organized, persistent and persuasive with the ability to generate own leads
- Motivated self-starter with a strong commitment to succeed
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills that can be demonstrated within a sales environment
- IT literate - experience of CRM systems is advantageous
- Proven ability to develop and utilize commercial awareness providing quantifiable business benefits
- Strong team player who shows commitment to the wider organization
- A very competitive salary, with expected double OTE and bonuses (very realistic!)
- Social committee with monthly activities including wine tasting, rooftop cinema and crystal maze.
- Balcony drinks on a Friday.
- Five-a-side football and other sports.
- Monthly team meals and cash incentives out for hitting target.