Director of Content Strategy
This leading football publisher set themselves apart from the rest by creating engaging content away from the football pitch, highlighting fan culture and experiences. They partner with leading brands, including Adidas and Nike on authentic and legitimate content.
- Creating original and one of a kind films for their social channels with a focus on telling the story of football rather than just analysing matches
- 2m subscribers on YouTube and many more across social
- Exciting partnerships with some of the world’s most progressive brands, from Lucozade to Budweiser
- New focus on women’s football and plans to build an app!
- Reaching 250 million viewers across the world
They are seeking an experienced leader to oversee their global social content team. Reporting to the Chief Growth Officer, this role will be responsible for setting the strategic plan for socially native content and programming, guiding the team with efficiency and ruthless prioritisation, and optimising their existing processes with an eye towards scaling our business into the undisputed leader in football. As part of the broader content team, this person will develop the social content strategy and partnership programs in addition to building and managing the content team responsible for creation, distribution, development, and innovation. The social content team is a high-impact team working with the most engaging clubs, athletes, brands, publishers, and creators across platforms from mobile/web to media/VOD with the goal of creating engagement and immersive content experiences. Suitable candidates will have experience working as a team leader in dynamic environments as well as a track record of success in building and executing high impact content formats. The ideal candidate will also have analytical and communication skills.
This position is located in London, England. Regional and international travel is required.
- Lead a team of high performing employees in multiple locations including, Los Angeles, New York and London, responsible for creating, developing and implementing all levels of social content
- Identify and prioritise content formats + segments that can thrive on our social channels, crafting an effective strategic plan to develop these programs with a solid value proposition for the long-term
- Drive the growth and engagement of their global audience
- Help define, develop, and support the global content and partnership programs
- Partner with Business/Sales and Marketing teams to drive revenue growth and identify trends and opportunities to enhance their market position
- Track strategy and performance of global football publishers and develop strategic insights to share with key stakeholders
- Develop and share social product expertise on video and platform products
- Track, analyse, and communicate key metrics to key stakeholders
- Serve as a spokesperson for the brand
- 8+ years of experience in Sports Media or Social Media
- 5+ years of experience in digital media, publishing, club, league or federation
- Experience hiring, developing and leading teams
- Experience collaborating with internal stakeholders and driving groups to consensus
- Experience working and negotiating with internal and external business partners
- Experience managing projects with regional and global scope
- Experience in global creator community
- 5+ years managing content, social or editorial teams