E-Commerce Product Manager
This leading football publisher set themselves apart from the rest by creating engaging content away from the football pitch, highlighting fan culture and experiences. They partner with leading brands, including Adidas and Nike on authentic and legitimate content.
- Creating original and one of a kind films for their social channels with a focus on telling the story of football rather than just analysing matches
- 2m subscribers on YouTube and many more across social
- Exciting partnerships with some of the world’s most progressive brands, from Lucozade to Budweiser
- New focus on women’s football and plans to build an app!
- Reaching 250 million viewers across the world
Reporting into the Chief Product Officer, the eCommerce Product Manager is responsible for leading the new eCommerce proposition and delivering it cross-functionally. This would include P&L ownership and delivery, product strategy, product marketing, and eCommerce partner account management. Additionally, the role will be supported by product design resource in the development, iteration and delivery of all product..
The ideal candidate would have a minimum of 3-5 years of experience managing an eCommerce proposition within the fashion, communications, media, or publisher space and should be able to hit the ground running in driving the eCommerce offering forward.
They will be in-tune with the latest trends in fashion, streetwear, and football-related products and will also have a deep understanding of how a content brand can position itself for eCommerce success with new and existing audiences;driving profitable, long-term sales growth.
They will also have a strong grasp of managing an end-to-end product timeline, with milestones, dependencies, and risks to deliver on a multitude of business objectives.
- Understand the brand, audience and business - and translate into a successful eCommerce strategy
- Manage the daily, weekly, and annual eCommerce project plan - tracking progress, recognising internal dependencies, and reporting and escalating to senior stakeholders as appropriate
- Own the internal P&L for eCommerce, ensuring that investment is justified across both direct/indirect revenue generation, as well as contributing to the global brand growth
- Set the long-term vision and strategy for the eCommerce proposition, ensuring it aligns with broader business strategy and vision, including but not limited to brand collaborations, unique product offerings, and marketing opportunities for other partners.
- Work with our Consumer Insights team to establish insight into merchandising / trading strategy to, optimise our set of products to appeal to our audiences.
- Work primarily out of the HQ in London, with some travel to visit eCommerce logistics/delivery partner and potential partner collaborators.
- Direct report to Chief Product Officer and then working cross-functionally with key stakeholders across content, marketing and operations to deliver a fully integrated launch.
- Manage eCommerce product design resource (both full-time and freelance) to ensure final product designs align to the brand guidelines and can deliver on commercial objectives, and other eCom related staff in the future.
Requirements & Desired Skills
- 3-5 years of work experience in an eCommerce-related environment
- Experience in Retail, Tech, Media Publishers and/or eCommerce companies
- A proven and demonstrable track record as a product owner or product manager
- An eagerness to learn, to test new ideas, and to grasp hold of an eCommerce opportunity that you have the ability (and responsibility) to shape
- Creative, innovative thinker who is in tune with current product/fashion trends
- Ability to work unsupervised and as a self-starter – working with initiative to take on responsibility and proactively think of new ideas and opportunities across eCommerce
- Ability to work in London, UK (unfortunately we are unable to sponsor visas for this role)
- A base understanding and interest in football and popular culture is a necessity to appropriately deliver in this role.