Enterprise Business Development Manager
The world’s leading global media intelligence company, offering the industry’s most comprehensive PR, IR and social media software, rich analytics, content distribution, and influencer outreach. They enable their clients to engage audiences, enhance campaigns and strengthen data-driven decision making.
- Headquartered in Chicago
- Offices in North America, Europe, Asia, Latin America & Australia
- Their solutions include world class social, broadcast and online media monitoring, influencer & contacts database and real-time analytics dashboards.
- Trusted by over 100,000 customers in 170 countries and 40 languages worldwide
- Customers include Kellogs, Allianz & Ogilvy
Overview of role:
You’ll be responsible for generating top level new business opportunities to help build their monitoring, analysis and database revenue in line with their business plan. The role will work closely with the Head of Enterprise New Business to drive focus and leads to increase penetration into all areas of the business.
You’ll significantly shape the sales agenda for the UK and will work with the Sales teams and other key stakeholders to realise all available revenue opportunities. The ideal candidate will need to develop strong partnerships and effective relationships at all levels with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders.
They’re looking for a proven track record of closing enterprise level (£100k+) business on a regular basis, so contacts within larger enterprise businesses will be beneficial.
- Identify strong opportunities in targeted sectors
- Work with marketing to build promotional activity to support sales effort
- Planning of weekly activities in advance such as time for cold calling, follow up calls etc.
- Ensure knowledge of market competitors is current, allowing effective sales pitches and strategies to be developed against each
- Hold sufficient meetings per week to meet KPI’s and to fill your pipeline of business
- Be aware of industry news and any legislation etc that may affect your target sector and manage accordingly
- Organising meetings to present the suite of products to the Prospect
- Phone and virtual meetings as appropriate in the pitch cycle
- Achieving quarterly targets
- Pipeline management
- Updating of salesforce.com with all prospect activity in a timely manner
- Responsible for the sales process from beginning to end; including the completion of detailed responses to tender, managing the pitch process and negotiation of contracts.
- Attend industry functions ranging from conferences and seminars, forums, breakfast and dinner meetings as well as a host of awards ceremonies
- Assist in the development of effective sales collateral to support the evaluation sales effort
- Report on all new business sales weekly and provide forecast figures for Head of new business each week
- Experienced business development professional with a proven track record of selling SaaS/web-based products
- Understanding of sales process & methodology
- Strong communication skills and the ability to develop, present and pitch to senior decision makers
- Excellent verbal communication skills and the motivation to deliver the highest quality of service, taking the time to fully understand the client’s needs and requirements
- A self-starter with initiative and motivation to achieve
- Commercial awareness and ability to build relationships based on trust and understanding
- Knowledge of the communications evaluation and analytics sector is desirable
Location: Canary Wharf, London
Reporting into: Head of Enterprise New Business