Enterprise Sales Consultant
The market leading supplier of communications management software that supports professionals in PR, public affairs, marketing and general stakeholder management. They’ve developed a cutting-edge SaaS platform, incorporating AI that is constantly being developed to keep them ahead of the game.
- Work with some of the worlds biggest brands
- Fast growing business with a current team of 105 people
- Recently acquired another SaaS tech business for 5 million
- Offices based near Liverpool Street
The purpose of this role is to manage the full sales cycle from prospecting organisations right through to negotiating the terms and closing the deal for the UK’s largest and most influential organisations and across our company’s full product portfolio.
Other roles within the New Business team include Business Development Representative (Lead Generation), Business Development Associate (the title they use for entry level BDMs) and Business Development Manager as well as managerial roles. They group their client prospects according to size and sector so team members have the opportunity to grow their careers and earnings through selling a larger range of products; selling to larger, more complex clients in differing sectors, and developing as a team leader. This is the most senior new business role within their sales function and you’ll be involved in strategy and best practice, collaborating with colleagues and the manager of the Enterprise team to drive business success and overcome barriers through new techniques, market understanding and product development ideas. You’ll be supported by a team of BDRs but will be responsible for self sourcing some of your own opportunities.
Selling to a defined enterprise territory of prospects such as:
- Companies turning over £200+ million per year;
- Top PR agencies;
- The UK’s largest charities and
- Central government
Owning your territory to map and target these organisations strategically (using renewal data, Salesforce information, targeted marketing campaigns, etc).
Carrying out detailed and strategic fact finding sessions with high level decision makers to identify and develop needs for the company’s product.
Using your high level of understanding of their product portfolio and value proposition to recommend software solutions the meet customers’ communications needs, provide ROI and deliver improvements to the customer’s processes.
Mapping and understanding internal and often complex decision making units to ensure all stakeholders are involved in the sales process to help drive the right outcomes.
- Building relationships at all levels.
- Focusing on delivering value throughout the life cycle of the customer.
- Managing a long sales cycle to a successful close, but also selling modular products from the portfolio if this suits particular organisations within your territory.
- Being creative in finding ways around sales barriers and converting opponents into champions.
- Using your comprehensive market knowledge to position the company’s product strategically against competitors so as to become the only viable option.
- Driving timelines and creating urgency in order to control close dates.
- Coordinating and preparing meetings and demonstrations.
- Attending relevant trade events to network and help build the brand.
- Evangelise their brand and vision both internally and externally.
- Sourcing and responding to formal tenders.
- Understanding all aspects of pricing and driving successful contract negotiations.
- Accurate forecasting of sales pipeline to perform consistently in line with monthly, quarterly and annual targets.
- Working with marketing to help co-ordinate specific campaigns and activities related to the prospect base.
- Using Salesforce effectively in accordance with the company’s business processes to manage tasks, events and opportunities.
- Assisting the BDR team with ad hoc training; advising them on how to open up opportunities within your territory.
- Contributing to team success by sharing information, collaborating with others and delivering against expectations.
- Achieve KPIs.
- Self-starter who is motivated and driven to succeed.
- Strong track record of executing against KPIs.
- At least five years of SaaS sales experience with demonstrable success in bringing in high value
- Deals with large organisations.
- Experience in dealing with senior decision makers and complex DMUs.
- Convincing expert with thirst for product and market knowledge.
- Conveys information and ideas clearly to a range of audiences, both verbally and in writing.
- Outstanding ability to listen, both to remain open to ideas and to understand customer
- challenges and opportunities.
- Ability to use product and market knowledge to question prospect’s status quo and advise on
- communication strategy and more complex solutions to communication needs.
- Tenacious and relentless in search for an outcome.
- Assertive with natural confidence to drive things forward and achieve the right outcomes.
- First class negotiating skills.
- Able to interpret prospect organisation’s needs and advise convincingly on solutions.
- Naturally organised and able to prioritise effectively.
- Numerate and analytical. Effective, high-level use of Salesforce to prioritise, plan and forecast.
- Ability to coach and mentor others.
- 22 days - earn another day after each year
- Bupa health insurance
- Gym flex
- Dental plan
- Childcare vouchers