This leading football publisher set themselves apart from the rest by creating engaging content away from the football pitch, highlighting fan culture and experiences. They partner with leading brands, including Adidas and Nike on authentic and legitimate content.
- Creating original and one of a kind films for their social channels with a focus on telling the story of football rather than just analysing matches
- 2m subscribers on YouTube and many more across social
- Exciting partnerships with some of the world’s most progressive brands, from Lucozade to Budweiser
- New focus on women’s football and plans to build an app!
- Reaching 250 million viewers across the world
They’re seeking a Media Director to lead the US-based Media Operations team, based in New York City.
The Media Operations department will be responsible for delivering paid, owned & earned media campaigns on behalf of US clients (both external and internal). External clients include Brands, Agencies and Broadcaster/OTT partners. Internally, the department works closely with our Editorial and Creative functions and is a key partner for their Commercial function.
The Media Director position is a pivotal role within the business, acting as the ‘face’ of our media strategy externally as well as responsible for building and scaling the team, developing best practice media strategy and delivering media campaign management excellence. This is a unique opportunity to establish a best in class function with the most exciting media business in football.
Client – facing responsibility:
- Be the face of their Media Operations capability externally with clients, communicating best practice and media strategy
- Act as a key partner of internal Sales and Creative teams, ensuring that best in class Media strategy is an integral part of our client projects
- Guide the creation of persuasive presentations and stories that demonstrate the value of media strategies to clients
- Attend and represent the team at external and internal client meetings where necessary.
Media platform relationship management:
- Develop and foster a strong and effective working relationship for media operations with our partners at Google / YouTube, Facebook, Twitter and emerging social/content amplification platforms.
- Arrange and attend regular meetings with our priority partners to ensure they continue to deliver the best in class campaigns and identify potential alpha / beta trials.
- Identify trends and key insights to drive impact to team goals including product updates and operational efficiency
- Identification and development of new revenue streams and product development opportunities for the Media Operations team to drive the projected longer term growth of the business.
Team & Workload management:
- Provide mentorship, guidance and career development for Media Operations team members
- Collaborate with Senior Management and Leadership teams on plans to scale the Media Operations function in the US as grows
- Develop strong cross-functional partnerships with legal, partnerships, policy, engineering, data science, sales, product management and other operational teams at Facebook in order to implement optimal solutions to IP/Privacy related problems as well as outsourcing need
Client profitability and finance:
- Be responsible for the delivery & profitability of all media campaigns for clients
- Support the internal Sales team in pursuing all potential cross sell / up sell opportunities
- Be responsible for the timely and accurate billing and reconciliation of campaign spend / income by your team to ensure suppliers are paid on time, and clients are invoiced on time
- Campaign Quality Assurance - Ensure campaigns are delivered as planned with no overspends or errors in delivery.
Product Development & New Business:
- Serving as a thought leader on social media and paid media for our business
- Maintaining expertise on emerging social trends and technologies
- Facilitate the creation of case studies and award entries based on campaign results as appropriate
- Work closely with new business and sales teams to create RFPs and pitch material
- Work closely with creative, editorial and commercial teams to develop new Media products for the business, involving packaging of content, audience and inventory
Audience segmentation & strategy for Media campaigns:
- Work closely with the Data Inisghts function to establish a robust audience segmentation strategy to inform media planning and execution
- Ownership of the commercialisation of our Audience Data capability, working closely with the Data team and the Commercial team
- Ensure that remarketing and retargeting techniques are well understood and employed on our media campaigns
- Ownership of delivery of basic & enhanced / extra reporting, campaign research for clients, e.g. Brand uplift studies
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a Biddable Activation, social media planning or biddable media / PPC team
- Passionate about and engaged with the fast changing world of social media, online video, and digital marketing
- Good understanding of planning social campaigns across the various mechanisms, channels and buying models
- Practical expertise in planning and delivering campaigns on Adwords, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Snapchat (working knowledge of YouTube and Facebook organic environments an advantage)
- Strongly numerate and comfortable manipulating data sets
- Highly literate with a good understanding of how language is used to communicate to different audiences.
- Ability to operate as a manager and delegator, but also willing to execute tasks when called upon
- Articulate presenter, with the ability to present to senior clients and internal agency teams, comfortable with showing what data means and how they can take action based upon it
- Commitment to deliver first class work every time, and never leave a quality issue unchecked
- Diligence and attention to detail in optimization and reporting
- Highly commercial - selling value, negotiation, client relationship management skills, how to be a trusted business advisor
- Excellent planning, analytical and organizational skills alongside high attention to detail